WHAT IS ELLIPSE?Intense Pulsed Light Ellipse is the latest technology in advanced permanent hair reduction.
HOW DOES ELLIPSE WORK?Ellipse emits variable beams of visible intense pulsed light (IPL) onto the skin. This light is absorbed by the melanin in the hair and turns into heat energy. The follicle is heated to a temperature which alters the cells’ structure and, providing the hair is in the Anagen growing phase, stops the hair regeneration. As the hair cycle varies on different parts of the body, and due to hormonal changes, the number of treatments required will also vary from client to client.
IS ELLIPSE SAFE?Ellipse technology has full FDA clearance which is only granted to treatments that are clinically tested and proven to be safe and effective.
HOW DOES IT FEEL?A slight warm tingling sensation best describes the feeling experienced during an Ellipse treatment. This is minimized by a special cooling gel that is applied just before the treatment starts. Ellipse is infinitely more comfortable than most conventional methods like waxing, laser and electrolysis.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED WITH ELLIPSEUnwanted hair can be removed from most parts of the body including legs, upper lip & chin, bikini line, under arm, back etc. The only areas that cannot be treated are immediately around the eyes and over tattoos and some moles.
DOES IT MATTER WHAT SKIN TYPE I AM?Some less advanced IPL systems can only be used on a limited amount of skin types by Ellipse has been clinically proven to work on almost all skin types except very dark skin. Dark hair on light skin is the easiest to treat because the colour difference enables the light to be easily absorbed by the melanin in the hair, but Ellipse allows the Practitioner to adjust the settings to suit specific skin and hair combinations. Only white and grey hairs do not respond to any IPL or laser treatments.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?Generally on most areas of the body you may need between 6 – 10 treatments however this can vary from client to client. With regards to the face, hair growth on this area is usually stimulated by hormonal imbalances and other relating factors and we advise usually 6 – 10 treatments may be required to see a reduction in regrowth. In some cases, for no known reason, some clients may require further treatments and your Practitioner will monitor your treatment programme.
PRE-TREATMENT ADVICE TO CLIENTS
- Do not expose skin to UV (sun exposure or the use of tanning beds) or self tan for at least 4 weeks before and/or between IPL treatments.
- Do not depilate with waxing, plucking or threading (shaving or depilatory creams are acceptable) before and/or between IPL treatments.
- Do not use bleaching creams, or perfumed products (e.g. aromatherapy oils) for 24 – 48 hrs before treatment sessions.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before an IPL treatment session.
- Avoid exfoliating, microdermabrasion or peels for 1 week before treatment sessions.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing when attending for treatment sessions.
- Keep the area clean and dry.
- Hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water .
- protect the skin from sun exposure with suitable clothing and use of sun block SPF 30+ before first treatment and between subsequent treatment sessions but do NOT use sun blocking creams within 24hrs of scheduled treatments.NB: Hot and humid weather conditions can aggravate skin in the period immediately before treatment.
POST-TREATMENT CARE – Client Information
- Do not expose skin to UV (sun exposure or the use of tanning beds) or self tan for at least 2 weeks.
- Do not shave for 48 – 72 hrs after treatment.
- Do not depilate between IPL treatments (with waxing, plucking, threading or creams) unless advised by the operator to do so.
- Do not use bleaching creams, or perfumed products for 24 – 48 hrs.
- Do not pick or scratch the treated area.
- Avoid rough handling of the area treated.
- Leave any skin responses alone, these are temporary and will subside.
- Avoid very hot baths / showers / steam baths / sauna for 1 week.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water for 1 week.
- Avoid exfoliating or peels for 1 week.
- Avoid rough sports for 24 – 48 hrs,▪ avoid wearing tight clothing, jeans, trousers, tight underwear etc.
- Keep the area clean and dry.
Hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water and use of sun block min SPF 30+ and consider using protective cotton gloves for driving, a hat to protect facial areas and pants to protect legs from the sun.NB. Hot and humid weather conditions can aggravate skin in the period immediately following treatment. Immediately post-hair reduction treatments, effective skin cooling can be helpful. The use of ice or cooling gel packs, Aloe Vera gel etc., can improve skin comfort and reduce any swelling or post-treatment redness.